Insect Research Collection in the Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Yüzüncü Yıl University is an important faunal centre, comprising a regional insect collection. This collection is composed of the scientific dried insect materials of the theses of MSc and PhD of the students. Most of the theses have been supported financially by the BAP Directory of the Yüzüncü Yıl University.
Rules of the studying in the Insect Collection is compulsorily renewed after the catastrophal earthquakes in Van Province in 2011. The rest of the collection is ruled for the study in the following way:
1. A part of the collection, if currently free to study, is offered to the scientist, who is about to perform a certain scientific publication, under the following conditions:
2. Service delivery is to loan conditionally a certain number of specimens belonging to a certain group of insects to the user, in order to evaluate scientifically for a period of time. Here the number of the specimens that can be borrowed at a time is maximum of 20. Evaluation period of the lent specimens is maximum of two months. Required basic conditions on the lent specimens, being complied, is giving back the preparations (if genitalia prepared necessarily), labelling each specimen if determined, arranging properly the lent specimens in a separate cabinet by the user.
3. Material borrowed cannot be transferred to third parties for any purpose.
4. New material can be borrowed by the same user, after fulfilling the matters specified in Article 2.
5. Based on the lent specimens, if a scientific publication is prepared, the user should mention the repository properly. A copy of the publication should be sent to the Library of the repository.
6. These rules are applied to every scientists, with the exception of the current students of MSc and PhD of the Biology Department of the Yüzüncü Yıl University.
7. The user demanding loan material should apply personally and fill out certain forms. For the time being, it is not possible through mail or cargo ships.
8. Scientific cooperation with the scientists is maintained with pleasure, if they follow the aforementioned 2nd, 3rd and 5th Articles.
9. Curators and their e-mails are as follows: Prof. Dr. Ahmet Ömer KOÇAK and Asst. Prof. Dr. Muhabbet KEMAL KOÇAK firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
Institutional Mailing Address
Institutional Physical Address (if different from mailing address) (expand to view)